2019-2020 Membership Committee:
Chairman: John Ward (34)
Vice Chairmen: Nelson Ritter (21), Walter Davis (29), John Schenk (327)
Members: Tom Hart (147), Frank Carr (99), James McKeever (120), Ed Amoros (176), Earl Pierce (67), Johnny Baker (320), Curry Brooks (190), Jim Rovinski (120), Sonnie Dickerson (330), William Jones (67), Kyle Weiss (148), Terri Puckett (34)
PDC Advisor: Linden Dixon (139)
The Department membership report is updated weekly and can be found using the link on the right side bar. Other resources can be found below.
- 2018-2019 National Commander’s Membership Incentive Pin (3 New Members): Brett Reistad Incentive Pin
- Department Membership Awards Manual: 2018-2019 Awards manual
- Post Excellence Award: Post Excellence Award
- Legion Membership Transmittal Form: post membership transmittal form
- SAL Membership Transmittal Form: sqdn membership transmittal
- Renew Your Legion Membership On-line
- MyLegion.org District Access
- Renewal Post Card 2020
- Past Due Renewal Post Card 2020
- Editable Renewal Post Card 2020
- Editable Past Due Renewal Post Card 2020
- 2018-2019 Department Membership Award Target Dates: 2018 – 2019 Membership Target Dates
2018-2019 Department Membership Awards Dates:
Cardinal Award (35%) – August 15, 2018
Jefferson Award (50%) – September 5, 2018
Jamestown Award (55%) – October 3, 2018
Veterans Day Award (65%) – November 7, 2018
Dogwood Award (75%) – December 5, 2018
Yorktown Award (85%) – January 2, 2019
Foxhound Award (90%) – February 6, 2019
Legion Birthday Award (95%) – March 6, 2019
Old Dominion Award (100%) – April 3, 2019-Gold Certificate
– April 17, 2019-Silver Certificate
– May 1, 2019-Blue Certificate
Dan Daniel Plaque (110%) – June 5, 2019
Post Honor Ribbon – *100% by December 26, 2018*
If you are on active duty today, anywhere in the world, or have served a minimum of one day federal active service during any eligible war eras, you are a veteran and you’re eligible to become a Legionnaire!
We’re veterans just like you, nearly 3 million strong, who care about America, veterans and their families and our nation’s youth. The Legion is a powerful voice in Washington dedicated to preserving the rights we’ve all earned – and were promised – by service to our nation in uniform.
We invite you to join us now. Membership brings an impressive array of benefits. The American Legion is always there for you and your family. – in Virginia we have 211 posts, and over 41,000 members. Just like you, we’re “Still Serving America!”
Purpose- To formulate, recommend and implement adopted policies relating to the recruitment of members and the functioning of Posts, Districts, and Regions in a manner to attract and retain members; further to develop promotional activities as necessary for the accomplishment of said activity and attainment of stated goals within each tier. To assist the New Post and DMS Committee in revitalization of existing Posts within the Regions.
Reporting: The Chairman of the Membership & Post Activities Committee reports its actions and activities to the Department Executive Committee.