2023-2024 Membership Committee:
Chairman: Scott Maddrea (244)
Vice Chairmen: Mark Stein (10), Robert Owens (79), Tony Vaughn (5)
Members: Tommy Powell (130), Tom Hart (79), Frank Carr (99), James McKeever (120), Earl Pierce (67), Johnny Baker (148), Curry Brooks (190), William Jones (67), Kyle Weiss (148), Bill Stramm (56), Christine Williamson (368), Alonzo Scott (37), Gilbert Lang (159), Ralph Tate (368), Rick Ward (75), Travis Cook (148), Lamont Thomas (284)
PDC Advisor: Linden Dixon (139)
The Department membership report is updated weekly and can be found using the link on the right side bar. Other resources can be found below.
- Department E-Processing Post Transmittal Training Notes: Training Notes
- Department E-Processing Training Video: Training Video
- 2021 National Commander Membership Incentive: Incentive Pin Form
- Department Membership Awards Manual: 2023-2024 Department Awards Guide and Calendar
- Department Membership Awards Forms: 2023-2024-Membership-Awards-Certification-Forms
- Post Excellence Award: Post Excellence Award
- Legion Membership Transmittal Form: post membership transmittal form
- SAL Membership Transmittal Form: sqdn membership transmittal
- Renew Your Legion Membership On-line
- MyLegion.org District Access
- 2023-2024 Membership Target Dates.FINAL
- 2023-2024 Department Membership Plan
2021-2022 Department Membership Awards Dates:
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving – you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
We’re veterans just like you, nearly 2 million strong, who care about America, veterans and their families and our nation’s youth. The Legion is a powerful voice in Washington dedicated to preserving the rights we’ve all earned – and were promised – by service to our nation in uniform.
We invite you to join us now. Membership brings an impressive array of benefits. The American Legion is always there for you and your family. – in Virginia we have 208 posts, and over 39,500 members. Just like you, we’re “Still Serving America!”
Purpose- To formulate, recommend and implement adopted policies relating to the recruitment of members and the functioning of Posts, Districts, and Regions in a manner to attract and retain members; further to develop promotional activities as necessary for the accomplishment of said activity and attainment of stated goals within each tier. To assist the New Post and DMS Committee in revitalization of existing Posts within the Regions.
Reporting: The Chairman of the Membership & Post Activities Committee reports its actions and activities to the Department Executive Committee.